Aside from our declining environment due to the inevitable effects of climate change, I think we can all confirm that it is, in fact, summer. And you know what that entails: bonfires, beaches and spontaneous adventures with friends before the air turns brisk and all, including the leaves, begins to fall into place for the upcoming school year.
Unfortunately, as fellow Illinois residents understand, fall, despite its wonderful company, never likes to overstay its visit. Although I am only on the third season of Game of Thrones (I know, I am late to the game, LITERALLY) even I understand that winter is coming. So, before the sun begins to shy away at the first sign of colder weather, please enjoy a series of fun summer activities we can all engage in together!
1. Go to the mall
2. Bike ride
3. Cook out with your family
4. Walk your dog (if you do not have a dog, or even worse you own a cat, MY CONDOLENCES)
5. Climb a tree
8. Day in the city
9. Learn something new
10. Go on a long drive without a particular destination (just fill up your gas tank first, made that mistake before)
11. As one of my best friends likes to say, “Treat yourself!” Whether it’s a day at the spa, or having the guys over for some football and beers, you deserve it.
12. Amusement park
14. Dinner on the patio of your favorite restaurant
15. Water balloon fight
17. Swing at the park
18. Lemonade stand (or whatever beverage your neighborhood kids will enjoy; I am not judging)
19. Talk on the phone with an old friend
20. Eat too much ice cream and then complain about being lactose intolerant
21. Visit your local farmers market
22. Read a book
23. Ride with the windows down and your music too loud
24. Go to a concert
25. Day at the zoo
26. Starved Rock or any local hike
28. Binge watch a new show
29. Do something you are scared of (Be safe my friends, but not too safe)
30. No matter what you do, do it with someone you love!