It’s getting to that point in quarantine where people are beginning to run out of shows and movies to watch.
If you feel like you’ve seen it all or are just sick of watching TV in general, now is the perfect time to pick up a book. If you’re not sure what to read, try starting off with a book that’s already been adapted into a film or television series. That way you can read the book and then experience the film and compare the two. You can even pick a show or movie you’ve already watched and experience it in a whole new way. The old saying “The book is always better than the movie,” is rarely wrong.
The list below is just a small list of possibilities. Search online and find the perfect book adaption for you.
- "Big Little Lies" by Liane Moriarty
- "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls
- "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
- "Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins
- "The Hate U Give" by Angie Thomas
- "Looking for Alaska" by John Green
- "All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven
- "To All the Boys I Loved Before" by Jenny Han
- "Five Feet Apart" by Mikki Daughtry, Rachael Lippincott and Tobias Iaconis
You can’t forget the classic timeless series that have swept the entertainment industry and have become fan favorites.
- "Harry Potter" series by J.K Rowling
- "Game of Thrones" series by George R. R. Martin
- "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins
- "Lord of the Rings" series by J.R.R. Tolkien
- "Divergent" series by Veronica Roth
- "The Mortal Instruments" series by Cassandra Clare
- "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer
- "Maze Runner" series by James Dashner