Recently there was an article published that many social media and TV programs were talking about called “23 Things Women Should Stop Doing.” Some examples included to stop apologizing all the time, even for things that are not your fault or you cannot control. Another example was wearing heels every day. Well, I think in every case there are at least 23 things that everyone could stop doing. I decided to devise a list of “23 Things College Students Should Stop Doing before Graduation.”
Here it is:
1. Stop sleeping in during the week.
2. Stop skipping class because you do not feel like going.
3. Stop skipping a workout because you are not in the mood.
4. Stop procrastinating.
5. Stop being lazy and learn to cook real food.
6. Stop waiting until the last minute to figure out what you are going to wear.
7. Stop waiting until the wee hours of the night to start big projects or assignments.
8. Stop blaming others for your mistakes or problems.
9. Stop underachieving because you feel judged.
10. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
11. Stop comparing yourself to others.
12. Stop shutting your parents out.
13. Stop posting drunken photos and statuses on social media.
14. Stop using YOLO as an excuse to be careless.
15. Stop missing opportunities to shine because you do not believe in yourself.
16. Stop not taking on more responsibility because it takes effort.
17. Stop not taking yourself seriously.
18. Stop putting yourself down and others.
19. Stop ignoring problems in the hope that they will just go away.
20. Stop using a first impression as a chance to judge someone.
21. Stop showing up late for appointments, class and the like.
22. Stop sitting on the computer and watching TV while studying.
23. Stop dwelling on the past.
Some of these are easier than others to achieve, and I have probably missed some others that could have been added to the list. Like I said, there are plenty we all can change about ourselves. But this list entails thoughts that I believe we, as college students, are prone to and need to stop doing before we all take the step to adulthood. Think about it. Is there anything on this list you can fix now? I have definitely found some areas I am going to try to improve.