Life at college can get difficult. Sometimes, all you need is a cheat code. Read up on these college life hacks to help make your first semester a tiny bit easier.
1. Fix Mistakes Quickly If you’ve written a paper only to realize you’ve misspelled the same word throughout its entirety, never fear. Instead of hitting backspace multiple times to correct misspelled words, erase the whole word by pressing CTRL + BACKSPACE. This will save time, and prevent your fingers from doing extra work. (Mac users, try OPTION + DELETE.)
2. Get Free Movies If you have an .edu email address, you can get a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime. This lets you watch almost unlimited TV and movies through Amazon.
3. Clean Faster For students who live in their own apartments this semester, cleaning your microwave just became easier. Put a bowl of water inside and microwave it for 3 minutes. The steam will moisten everything up making cleaning simple.
4. Wake Up Quicker If you’re having trouble waking up for class, try this amplifying tip. If you use your cell phone as an alarm, put your phone in a glass and your music will amplify into the room.
5. Eliminate Odors Gym garments sometimes smell a bit unpleasant. Putting dry tea bags in smelly shoes or gym bags will absorb the unpleasant odor. Your roommates will thank you.
6. Get A Mentor Find a professor that you like, and keep in touch with them often. Go to their office hours with questions, email them and keep them in the loop in regards to your academic career. When you are applying for grad school, etc. you will need at least one letter of recommendation. Keep that professor in mind!
7. Have More Free Time Always be sure to schedule an hour in between your classes, because things always come up, and you can always use the extra time to study.