In the university's weekly COVID-19 update, students are reminded about testing and how the new mitigations will affect campus operations going forward.
Before leaving for fall break, the university is strongly encouraging students to be tested at the on-campus sites. The testing sites in The Alamo II parking lot and the old firehouse behind Cardinal Court are open until 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20. The sites will be closed during fall break.
Earlier this week, Gov. Pritzker announced a statewide tier three resurgence mitigations effective Friday.
Any classes that were face-to-face or hybrid will now switch to online for the reminder of the fall semester. Final exams will also be delivered online.
Campus operations will continue through the end of the semester with residence halls and dining centers remaining open for students who choose to return after fall break.
The following are a few proactive steps the university is taking as we transition into tier three mitigations.
- operate at no more than a 25% capacity
- no indoor group classes but virtual group classes will continued to be offered
- reservations will continue to be required
- locker rooms will be closed as well as the pool and rock climbing wall
- the Bowling and Billiards Center will be closed
Bone Student Center
- study spaces will be open in the Prairie rooms
- select dining venues will be open after fall break
- Barnes & Noble College Bookstore will be open with a 25% capacity limit and reduced hours
The full update can be read below.